- About Us
- Our Technology
- News & Events
- Contact Us
The eSVS Mesh is designed to improve the long-term outcome of CABG procedures by addressing limitations of unsupported saphenous veins. The eSVS Mesh is fitted like a sleeve on the outside of a saphenous vein graft to strengthen the vein and to give that vein graft the physiological attributes of an artery by;
- Strengthening the vein graft to prevent vessel expansion and the resulting damage
- Reducing vein graft diameter (radial constriction), leading ot a more uniform lumen and faster, arterial-like blood flow through the graft
- Matching typical compliance(pulsing) of an artery.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
The eSVS Mesh is indicated for maintaining saphenous vein graft bypass patency in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) procedures utilizing autologous saphenous vein grafts (SVGs) with external diameters from 3.6mm to 7.00mm and double wall thicknesses less than 1.4mm. Indications, Contraindications, Warnings and Instructions for Use can be found in the labeling supplied with each device.
ATTRIBUTES SIMILAR TO AN ARTERY
The eSVS Mesh is designed to provide the vein graft with physiological attributes similar to those of an artery by reducing the lumen diameter and strengthening the vessel wall. We believe the key benefits of eSVS Mesh technology include:
- Structural support designed to inhibit vessel expansion and resulting damage to the vessel, which can prevent a thickening of the vessel wall over time, or hyperplasia, and resulting graft failure.
- Radial constriction designed to cause the diameter of the graft, or lumen, to be consistent in size and more closely match the diameter of the target coronary artery thereby increasing blood flow velocities, reducing the potential for clot formation and inhibiting hyperplasia.
COMPATIBLE WITH CURRENT CABG PROCEDURES
- The eSVS Mesh is compatible with current CABG procedures including on-pump or off-pump procedures, and open or endoscopic saphenous vein harvest methods.
- The surgical steps to use a saphenous vein graft with the eSVS Mesh are the same as would be performed for any coronary artery bypass procedure utilizing unsupported SVGs.
eSVS MESH COMPONENTS
(25 cm length, and either 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5 mm in diameter)
For use in placing the eSVS Mesh on the saphenous vein.
For use in loading the eSVS MESH onto the saphenous vein.
Sizing ToolFor choosing the correct device size based on saphenous vein diameter.
Caution: Investigational Device Limited by Federal (or United States) law to investigational use
This device is commercially available for use in select international markets
* Tisseel/Tissucol are registered Trademarks of Baxter Healthcare Corp. For full prescribing information please see: http://www.tisseel.com/us/pdf/2012-0125_PI_TISSEEL_.pdf
View angiogram sets that compare saphenous vein grafts fitted with the eSVS Mesh versus control grafts.
Clinical eSVS Mesh Prep
The eSVS (external Saphenous Vein Support) Mesh Deployment, Oliver Reuthebuch, M.D. Universitatsspital Basel